Difficulties for minors and adults in accessing specialist doctors in Puerto Rico will increase in 2030

Difficulties for minors and adults in accessing specialist doctors in Puerto Rico will increase in 2030

A study of the FARO consulting firm found that, under the current conditions of the health system, in six years, it will be even more difficult to access to medical services, especially specialists and subspecialistsIn Puerto Rico.

According to research carried out for the Puerto Rico Pharmaceutical Industry Association (PIA, in English), it is estimated that, in six years, there will be, for example, only 22% of active endocrinologists, leaving a gap of 78% to be able to cover the demand that there will be, then, of people seeking access to these subspecialists. .

The outlook could be worse, since the report warns that the analysis only includes active doctors or those who will be practicing medicine at that time, but does not answer how many would be available to care for patients.

“We would have a number (of doctors) less than optimal, that will bring (health) complications and delays (of services) to patients and, also, costs to the country and loss of productivity”commented the lawyer Vanessa Lugopresident of FARO, on the main findings.

Kumneger Media
Kumneger Media
Kumneger Media is a News and Entertainment Website & Channel. Kumneger Media in addition to News and Entertainment it is the hub of Politics, Movies, Drama, Music, Comedy, Documentary and More!